Considering the fact that the last time I was single I was 17, it's important that I learn to be comfortable (and ultimately enjoy) being single and doing things on my own. Over the past few months, I've been coming to terms with living alone in the apartment Josh and I shared, but I've never taken it outside the house.
There are many things that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but either never had the time, never had the guts, or was "held back" by someone not wanting to do them with me. So I've made a list of those things and the idea is to complete the entire list before entering into another serious relationship. Now it's time to take control of my life and my goals and live them solo. Who needs men?!?
Without further ado...The Master List:
1. Eat out solo without any distractions/see a movie solo.
2. Travel somewhere just me and Mom.
3. Purchase an entire outfit, just because.
4. Move into my own apartment.
5. Read 3 hours a week.
6. Have a girls' weekend.
7. Get my FOID card and a gun.
8. Get a bikini wax or Brazillian.
9. Get a second tattoo.
10. Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children.
11. Buy a sexy bra/lingerie just for me/upgrade my panty collection.
12. Master my hair and makeup.
13. Be single for 6 months (June 5 - December 5).
14. Be able to talk about Josh without being mean or upset.
15. Stay alone in a hotel for a night.
16. Make a new girlfriend.
17. Join XSport Fitness and go 5 times a week.
18. Get together with a friend once a week.
19. Repay money to Mom and Dad.
20. Finish certificate program and possibly associates.
21. Pay off USAA credit card.
22. Save $5,000.
23. Determine what I do and don't want/need in a future relationship.
24. Sing karaoke.
25. Find a legitimate Big Girl Job.
26. Travel back to the Czech Republic.
27. Lock down my health problems and implement solutions.
28. Successfully complete the Sambazon cleanse.
29. Do a boudoir photo shoot.
30. Go to a Cubs game at Wrigley field.
Have you ever made a single girl's bucket list for yourself? What are some ideas you think I should consider adding to the list?