Well. This post has been sitting in my Draft folder for quite some time now, so I figured I should probably finish it. Haha!
Let's go all the way back to August and September when I received the Liebster Award from Erika and Brittany and the Versatile Blogger Award (also from Brittany). I took note, drafted a post, and left it collecting dust for 6 months. Whoops! Sorry girls!
To keep it short(ish) and sweet, I'm combining the 3 posts into one. Enjoy!
Ten Random Facts About Yourself
1. I used to read all. the. time. But in 2012 I only finished 3 books. The 10 library books I checked out last week are on my to-do list this month and it makes me happy just looking at them.
2. I've been neglecting the blog for a while due to busyness and personal dilemmas, but 2013 holds BIG things for Local At Last.
3. After changing majors fifty thousand times in the past 4 years, I've finally decided on 2 career paths. And the great part? They intertwine, so I don't have to choose between them - I can do both!
4. I'm infamous for talking big talk about some plan I have and never following through. But let me tell you, jerks who constantly hold that over my head, that's not happening this year so you can go eff yourselves.
5. Foods I could eat every day and never get sick of: almost anything Chinese, sushi, Chipotle, chicken, dark chocolate, ranch dressing, California burger, salmon, mac and cheese, peanut butter, fettucini alfredo, Papa John's pizza with pinapple, bacon, and chicken.
6. In November I was officially diagnosed with mild bipolar depression and anxiety.
7. This season was my first time playing Fantasy Football. Josh's friends put a league together and I was the only female AND the only newbie. And guess who won. :)
8. I have nightmares over the most random things - anything scarier than the Batman series, bad memories from my past that I haven't thought of in years, animals that talk...
9. I haven't read any blogs in almost 2 months (yes, I'm extremely behind), but I've become more involved and interacted more with other bloggers in that time than ever before. Thanks, Twitter!
10. The lack of snow in the Midwest this winter hasn't bummed me out as much as I thought it would. I'm actually really enjoying not having to bundle up and being able to wear some new shoes outdoors!
Mix of Questions
1. If someone handed you front row tickets to any concert, who would you want to see?
A. Right now, I'd have to say Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Florence + The Machine, or Imagine Dragons. It's too hard to decide!
2. If you weren't doing what your'e doing now (a particular career, being a homemaker, etc.), what would you want to do?
A. Wouldn't you like to know? ;) Let's just say, both of my dream/almost-a-reality careers are online and help others accomplish their own dreams.
3. How do you take your coffee?
A. I like my creamer with a little bit of coffee. Yes, you read that correctly.
4. What's your favorite quote (doesn't have to be inspirational)?
A. "We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." - Carlos Castaneda
5. What's the best no-fail recipe you have?
A. Creamy Garlic Pasta from The Cheese Pusher. I LOVE this recipe. It's quick, cheap, easy, and filling. And for a garlic and cheese lover? Perfection. I usually add shredded chicken as well. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Passing It On
All of you! I'd love to learn more about YOU!