Today, I'm linking up with Kaity from As We Grow for her awesome Week Of Recipes link-up. Who doesn't like to see what's cooking in someone else's kitchen? ;)
On the menu today (er...last week!) ... Shrimp Pockets with Avocado Mango Salsa.
This recipe is to DIE for if you're looking for a light, but filling summer dinner. It's also quick and easy, which is my favorite part. My family loved it so much that I made it twice in the same week! It's that good, people.
Shrimp Pockets with Avocado Mango Salsa (serves 4)
1. Heat grill.
2. Tear off and fold 4 pieces of tin foil, each about 18 inches long. Coat with EVOO and place about 2 cups of spinach on one half of each piece of foil.
3. Next, combine couscous with 1/4 cup of water and divide evenly into the pockets, on top of the spinach. *If you're family doesn't like couscous, just skip this step and make brown rice separately.*
4. Combine shrimp, half of the cilantro, half of the salt, and EVOO in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and divide evenly among the pockets, placing it next to the couscous.
5. Fold empty half of foil over full have, fold the edges shut, and place on the grill (and close) for about 10 minutes or until puffed up with steam.
6. While the pockets are grilling, combine remaining half of cilantro and salt with mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Toss gently.
7. When pockets are full cooked, cut open and pour onto a plate or bowl, then top with salsa and ENJOY! :)
The best part about this recipe? The SKINNY.
397 calories per serving, 10 g fat (1 g saturated), 52 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein
How awesome is this? And so delicious too. :)
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and don't forget to submit your recipe to Kaity's link-up! :)