2. I went "shopping" with Josh's best man this past Sunday to figure out what the groomsmen should wear, but we came up with nothing. The original plan was to rent tuxes from Men's Wearhouse, but the combo we loved was far too expensive for a group of non-working college students to afford. Back to square one. Any suggestions ladies?
3. I have my first dress fitting, the final meeting with our florist, a meeting with our venue, and my practice hair and make-up all in the first 2 weeks of March. All that on top of school and work and I'm gonna be a busy bee!
4. House of Brides is a PAIN IN THE YOU-KNOW-WHAT! We went in the store in January, had a great experience, and ordered the bridesmaids dresses on the spot. But after we forked over the money, their service has been terrible. My mom and I both called the store and left about 6 messages with the girl we'd worked with to see when the dresses would come in and NEVER heard back from her. Finally, after 3 weeks of waiting for a response, I called the store, complained to the manager, and found out our bridesmaids dresses aren't coming in until the middle of MARCH. Why in the world did I agree to pay a freaking rush fee?
5. We got 4 positive RSVPs and our first negative RSVP today. Yipee/sad face!
6. About a week ago I ordered a pair of wedding forks off Etsy for Josh and I to use (in lieu of the traditional serving set) when we feed each other our first bite of cake as husband and wife and I received them today! Let me tell you, Rachel VanNatten DEFINITELY knows what she's doing. They are absolutely beautiful and I'm psyched to show them off. =) It's hard to tell in the photo, but one fork says "Mr." and the other says "Mrs." on the top and our wedding date is on the bottom.
7. Only 47 days until we're hitched!!!