Today we're having an early Thanksgiving at my parents house with their Bible study group and their families. Why early, you ask? Well, let me explain.
- One of my cousins has joined the Marines and will be heading out to basic just after the "Official Thanksgiving," so my mom's side of the family is having Thanksgiving dinner in Michigan to send him off with a great meal and family celebration.
- I will be in Washington, D.C. with The Boyfriend for his birthday/our 11 month anniversary/the "Official Thanksgiving." So it'll be a week-long celebration out in D.C. with the love of my life. =) Definitely can't wait for that!
- My parents love entertaining (specifically my mother) and having their Bible study group over for an early Turkey Day is the perfect opportunity to show off her awesome cooking and baking skills.
So that's why we're celebrating one of my FAVORITE holidays a few weeks early. In keeping with typical Thanksgiving tradition at our house, I think it's only fitting to list a few of the many things I'm thankful for. So here goes...
1. The opportunity to attend a safe and skilled college.
2. Living in a house with heating and air conditioning.
3. Never having to worry where my next meal will come from.
4. The fact that The Boyfriend is stateside and not deployed.
5. My supportive and loving parents.
6. My incredible boyfriend who knows me better than myself and makes me want to be a better person.
7. Easy communication through technology.
8. Having the resources to travel and experience new places and things.
9. The incredible joy I get from children giggling.
10. Full use of my body.
What are you thankful for?